As a qualified Beer & Cheese Sommelier, I can offer a beer/cheese fun-filled event to fit your budget, family or business requirements.
These can include:
- Beer and Food matching at a venue selected for you / in your own home / virtually
- a pub tour with a difference
- a brewery tour followed by samples of beers in a range of different bars
I can source and supply speciality beers/cheese for your event along with tasting notes and your own Sommelier to answer any questions.
I have passed the interview as a Speaker for the Women’s Institute
These talks can include
- How we taste
- Cheese – history and tasting
- Gin – History and tasting
- Beer – What would you like to know?
If you are a member of the WI and would like to know more drop me a line for a fun-filled talk (blindfolds included)
Why is training important?
Because it can
- Increase sales and also help to sell this short life span product
- It reduces the amount of waste and negative customer feedback
- Staff retention and pride in their work.
This is why it works for Brewdog who invest in all their staff to do these styles of courses
Training is not just for the individual but your whole business.
It can be tailored to your business, your goals!
Beer, Cheese & Gin are the new trends
The world of hospitality has changed drastically over the last few years. Gone is the limited choice of drinks, food and expectations. The customer, retailer and brewer are faced with a bewildering array of tastes.
Not everyone is a connoisseur, following the trends, avidly chasing the next new thing. A lot of us when faced with a range of choices will opt for the familiar, the comfortable, rather than attempt the new and sometimes expensive alternative.
A lack of confidence can be costly
A number of years ago the same was said about wine, the choice was, White or Red and you were treating yourself a Blue Nun or Beaujolais. Yet now people are more confident with trying wines (and will pay for a good one).
Why? Part of this comes from knowledge and the other from familiarity. TV programmes match wine with food, catering colleges teach the subject and leisure classes allow us to learn as we get tipsy. Additionally, we are all inclined to see wine as a quality product, even when it is shipped over to the UK in large plastic bags to be bottled down the road with a fancy label.
The Customer wants and expects more!!
- The growth of Social Media
- TV programmes
- Catering colleges teach the subject
- Leisure classes allow us to learn as we get tipsy
- FOMO (fear of missing out)
Why invest in Beer / Cheese / Cider / Gin Training?
- Growing awareness of Buying Local
- Food miles
- Quality over quantity
- Customers want experiences and find something new
- Supporting local businesses
- A growing trend toward these products
Finally, we all remember bad service, information etc, and never go back
Empower yourself & your staff to have the confidence to be the BEST