Whatever your interest whether it be food, drink, history or a combination of them we can work with you to create your own bespoke tour. If you have some places in particular you want to visit we can arrange that and if you are not sure and would like me to suggest places then I can do that too.
All of our tours will be hosted by myself and using a private taxi cab driver in a London style Black Cab or if you prefer a walking tour in Norwich we can do that too. Whether it is for an hour or two or a full day, we can craft your own special personal tour in Norfolk.
This tour will take you from the Tudor and Victorian splendour of Norwich to the rural pastures of Norfolk. Including the coastal trading heritage that all helped to make Norfolk one of the richest counties in England until the Industrial revolution.
It will include visits to the ruins of, Castle Acre, Castle Rising and Binham Priory.
The historic splendour of Kings Lynn, Sandringham and Snettisham. Matched with the rural beauty of quaint English villages of Holme Next to Sea and Burnham Market, Lord Nelsons birthplace, before returning to Norwich.
We will collect you from 1 Quayside at 9am then travel to:
- Castle Acre – this is a national trust site that contains the extensive ruins of a Norman Priory, dismantled in Tudor times.
- From there we will travel to Kings Lynn museum to see the ancient Sea Henge.
- After Kings Lynn we can head to Castle Rising. This is a fine Norman castle which is in some ruined condition.
- Then we will head to Sandringham, here you have a choice to visit the House, Museum and Gardens or the Museum and Gardens only. I would suggest here to stop for lunch.
- After here we will head to the fine parish church of Snettisham.
- 20 mins from Snettisham is Holme Next To Sea the finding place of Sea Henge
- We will continue our coastal route to Burnham Market the birthplace of Lord Nelson.
- Our final stop would be Binham Priory. A much smaller ruined priory, seldom visited due to its location.
- If time allows we can add a quick visit through Walsingham or other local delights.
- We will then return to Quayside Norwich
Meeting Point, Tour Duration & Transportation
Meeting & Drop Off Point Options:
Suggested by Guide: We will collect you from 1 Quayside, Norwich and return you to same location
8 hours – we will be travelling on rural Norfolk roads and some are used by tractors which can add some travelling time to our planned route
We will be traveling by a London cab hired for this tour. We have our own driver who has very good knowledge of Norfolk roads. This will mean that you have lots of room and will be able to view things higher than in a car.
- 650USD for up to 5 people for 8 hours
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.
- I am not a National Trust Guide so would not be able to guide you in any of these places (except BSL interpretation)
Estimated local cash needed:
- 150 GBP – This will cover, lunches, admissions, parking and any fuel extras required as well as any souvenirs you may wish to purchase
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
- As already discussed the cost does not include admission for anyone into the sites. Some are free and some charge.
- It also does not include, lunches or any parking charges.
- There may also be a small charge for additional fuel if you chose to add additional stops.